What type of classes will be beneficial for my 8 month old?Sensory, Music, Swim?

Hi everyone,

I’ve just started doing LR with DD, which she seems to enjoy so will try out LM too. I was wondering what type of classes outside the home are really beneficial to babies of this age? Or any other type of resource, like live lunchtime concerts to give her exposure to live instruments maybe?

Any ideas greatly appreciated!

Swimming would top my list. Then music, live or record and varied. Then ask at you library if they have a toddler tunes group. We have a group for under 2 that does books and rhymes, with lots of singing dancing and parent involvement.

Hi, I went to my daughter’s school for a talk this week, and they were saying that there is no learning without moving. I think swimming is absolutely critical for little ones - both from a safety persepctive and from learning to be active from little. And it’s FUN!

We also take our daughters to Clamber club which is 1 1/2 hours once a week where they get taught a theme eg, bees and honey and get to do obstacle courses, sing, etc.

My older one does gymnastics. You didn’t state how old your baby is, but I am pretty sure they are too young for that.

but do try to expose them to music too - we used to send them to kindermusiek, but now we do that at home

Thanks for the suggestions. We did a very ambitious swim course when DD was just 8 weeks old, involved dunking her under the water which she did NOT like at all… dive reflex kicked in and she stopped breathing for over 20 secs on a couple of occasions. But now she is older (8 months) maybe worth a try again as is very different from the all the music based/rhyme time classes we do, and involves movement.

Has anyone tried a baby sensory class?