What to have ready before birth of baby

Ok we have 4 weeks and 5 days left till our due date. I am looking for advice for items to have ready before our baby is born. Here are the items I already have:

Sparkabilities (Infant DVD 1&2)
Little Pim Spanish DVD 1-3
Little Pim French (I need to get this, I brought one on EBAY and it sounds horrible)
Black and White infant stimulation cards.

What else do you recommend for the first 3 months?

Does anyone recommend a baby masage DVD?

Thanks, Tracy

music - Mozart, or anything else that is soothing

you can find videos on you tube on how to do massage for the baby if you want to :wink:

I really like MonkiSee, Tweedlewinks, Your Baby Can Read, and Signing Time

You asked for the first 3 months… You do not really need any dVDs with video for that time. 0-3 months is good time to love your baby, bond with him or her, you can read poems, simple stories, sing, play music and dance together, while you are wearing him/her, do some tactile activities, lots of nursing and sleeping also will be on his/her agenda, :biggrin: etc. Videos do not come till later, really… Hope you will have a wonderful time greeting your little one very soon, so happy for you!!!

I highly recommend swaddling blankets. All of my babies loved to be swaddled up tightly. And it always put them right to sleep when they were upset. A true life saver. :smiley:

I like Kidopotamus (not sure of spelling) swaddlers with the velcro. I got mine at Babies ‘R’ Us.

And we just invested in an ergo baby carrier for our newborn. It is really wonderful for wearing baby. It’s wonderful to be hands free and still have baby with me.

And the last thing I might suggest, even though this is something you don’t purchase, is to have your baby perform the breast crawl immediately upon arriving.
This helps tremendously with the breast feeding! I did this with my last baby and it has made a world of difference with our nursing!

ENJOY!

I greatly recommend the DVD by Dr. Harvey Karp - The Happiest Baby DVD and CD. You can take a look at this link: http://www.happiestbaby.com/ It really work so amazingly that I bought this DVD and CD as a gift for my friend when she gave birth to her baby girl. =) All the best for your delivery and enjoy Motherhood :yes: !

:wink: Agnes

i wouldn’t use dvds till months maybe years later
like Skylark said there are a lot more important bonding moments to focus on
best wishes

Hi,
I’m not sure what type of birth you’re planning, but I had my last baby at home and it was REALLY REALLY awesome! And the end result was so much better than I’d ever imagined. We’ve bonded like you wouldn’t believe! The instincts are just nudged in the right direction making motherhood that much easier and fulfilling! Motherhood is a FULL TIME J-O-B!!!. And there’s nothing better than having an advantage, especially since there’s no manuals and your patience will be tested left and right on a daily basis.

There are many options with home birthing too. I opted for an unassisted home birth and a doula. But I came across many wonderful midwives.

Anyhow…just thought I’d throw that out there.

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR JOURNEY! :slight_smile:

Autumn