What shows do you let your kids watch?

I’m not just asking what learning shows but all the shows they get to watch.
My kids watch Little Math and Little Reader, Your Baby Can Read, Your Baby Can Discover, Sparkabilities (The YouTube videos), Blue’s Clues, Super Why, Preschool Prep, Signing Time and some faith based character building shows.

My 2 year old, Kevin really likes Taratabong right now. He loves everything with cars, monster trucks and trains. His favorite show is a History channel documentary about monster trucks.

When my husband is home he lets them watch anything they want. :tongue: That’s how Kevin found out about the car shows on the Roku.

FLKL,

Our families are quite similar with LR (English & Chinese), LM, LMu, YBCR/YCCR, YBCD/YCCD, Sparkabilities (baby and child dvd’s), Signing Times (Season 1 and 2), Alphablocks, and an assortment of numerous ASL songs (Youtube). We do let them watch a bit of Thomas the Train as well. The rest of the time, we read, do art classes, play cars, play outside, feed the ducks and geese, music class & Little Gym (gymnastics stuff).

I’ll check out some of the other programs you watch. Might be something we can integrate into our plans. We are looking for more Math based shows and Science based shows.

John

Hi,

Good question :slight_smile:

My kids are almost 4, almost 2 and 4,5 months.

Basically, they are allowed 1hour of screen time each day. Usually it happens before dinner. I always thought that is quite a lot, but in the Tweedle Wink Program Overview is marked that their stages are allowed as much as 120 min of educational videos per day :slight_smile:

They watch : LR, LM, LMs, Signing Time (from time to time, they mastered all the signs :), Tweedle Wink, Your Baby / Child Can Discover (they are in love with it right now :wink: , Go, Diego Go, Sid The Science Kid, Blue’s Clues, sometimes Mathtacular.

Sometimes my son (4) will watch Twenty Trucks or Mighty Machines.

Other times my doughter (2) will watch a Leap Frog video : Phonics Farm, Math Adventure to the Moon or new ones : Shapeville (?) and something about opposites.

They watch most videos in English. It’s our third language. Sometimes they will watch a polish version of Little Einsteins.

The baby is not watching but usually he hears what is playing in background (he is on the floor, practicing rolling and just about crawling). I have two discs of Sparkabilities baby waiting for him - maybe in one month or so…

My 4 and 2 year old watch

YCCD, Signing Time, Tweedle Wink, Math Crew, Sing and Dance Chinese with Mei Mei, Fixies (Russian science cartoon), Tunables, Trebellina, All About Animals in Russian (National Geographic EK series about baby animals), Bible for Beginners, Readeez, Little Pim Chinese, Ballets by the Italian Ballet Company (Full length versions of Swan Lake, Don Quxote, Nutcracker, etc) and Ballets by Marrinsky Theater Company, Animal Alphabet.

They only watch a couple of the above during any given day, but that is our drawing pool :smiley:

We don’t watch. Lot of tv. But what we have seen in the last month.

Mighty Machines
Lalaloopsy
Tweedlewink
Mathtacular
A gymnastics video.

I do let him watch some things on YouTube.
Nursery Rhymes
Eureka
School house Rock.

This week my kids have watched one Barbie movie( at a friends house) , and one magic school bus episode. That’s it. I expect they will watch monster trucks with their dad on the weekend. We haven’t managed to do LMusic this week.
They have VERY limited TV time in favour of providing time to read.
Before they could read they would watch magic school bus, LR, mathtacular and a variety of other educational DVDs. The most ever in one day would be the length of a movie. But usually just 30 mins or 2 lots of 30 minutes, split up.
They can play their iPads for an hour from 5-6 AM but usually they choose to play with their toys instead.
If I could convince my hubby I rekon I would sell the TV. We only need something to play DVDs on and the laptop would do that fine. Since the TV is in a room in an out of the way part of our house the kids rarely ask to watch it anyway. When the TV was in the main living area they saw alot more crap, I am very glad we had the chance to move it.

Oh yeah, we have Leap Frog videos too. My son learned all the phonics sounds from them.

Every parents know very well that kids loves cartoon. So cartoon shows are good for kids to entertaining. Pokemon is the best cartoon shows to watch me with my kids .

We have our little girl watch BabyFirst TV. You can get a taste of them on Youtube. Nancy likes The Notekins, Harry the Bunny, Color Crew, VocabuLarry, and Tillie Knock Knock. They have program regularly played on Roku. We also let her watch Pocoyo, Dora, Taratabong, and Leap Frog. These are all on Netflix.

I’ve heard the Wiggles are good, and you can watch them on YouTube. In addition to BrillKids, we of course are fans of Signing Times.

My kid watches / watched:

Reading Bear
Starfall
Your Baby Can Read **
Your Child Can Read *
Your Baby Can Discover *
Your Child Can Discover *
Sparkabilities *
Little Pim Chinese *
Little Pim Spanish *
Little Pim French
Sesame Street *
Fun Fun Elmo
Alphablocks (from Youtube) *
Curious George (from Youtube) *
Wink to Learn Chinese (doesn’t seem to like)
Wink to Learn French (doesn’t seem to like)
SuperWhy (Youtube / Amazon Prime)*
Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (Youtube / Amazon Prime)*
Baby Einstein **
Brainy Baby **
Jack Big Music Show *
Leapfrog videos
Pocoyo (Youtube) *
Pocoyo Mandarin (Youtube) *
Veggietales (Youtube / Amazon Prime)
Tu Bebe Puede Leer
Signing Time / Baby Signing Time
Various Bible Animation (Youtube / Amazon Prime) *
Sid the Science Kid (doesn’t seem to like)
Peter Weatherall videos (doesn’t seem to like)

• often
    ** used to, but not now

I plan to introduce her to Mathtacular and Magic Schoolbus.

Our four year-old loves the wonder pets, fireman Sam, Diego, Curious George and Harold and the purple crayon. We dont have cable but we have netflix, and all these shows are on it.

Right now my 23 month old watches:
Signing Time
Super Why
Little Champion Reader
Youtube playlist
Tweedlewinks
Munchkin Math
Leap Frog
Suzy Piano Primer