What should I get my child to read?

I happen to be in Sri Lanka on vacation. I browsed a couple of bookstores for english books for children and have found plenty, whereas in my own country such books are not available ( not in my city at least).
I purchased a couple of books for bedtime storytelling, some board books ( poor quality though) for my 16 month old to handle and a few preschool books. But there is really an ample range of books, science for children, storybooks, board books for toddlers. I really don’t know what I should get
What kinds of books do you advise to start building a good library for my 16 month old? Any suggestion is appreciated Thanks

I have found the Ladybird series, what do you think about those?

Ladybird has lots of different series of books but as a general rule I would give them the thumbs up! 👍

make him to read some thing interesting, My kids do lots of crafts as a part of learning. usually kids love coloring a lot. give a try this helsp your kid to identify colors too

Well giving interesting thing to read is very important.

Here is a list of books that the boys enjoy, denverunschoolers.weebly.com/books.html The Elephant and Piggy series by Mo Willems are fun books to start with. And if the boys are watching a movie or anything on Netflix, we always use english subtitles.

A good blog of weebly you shared here with us.