What should I change in my teaching method?

Hi everyone,

My DS (11 and a half months) is doing well with his curriculum. He picks the right word all the time and points out to objects correctly (knows 100+ words/objects). However, he does not point out to the object when I show him the card. Eg. He picks the word ‘book’ (card) from 3 other word cards shown to him and will show me books when I ask him to, but he doesn’t point to books when he reads the word on the card. Should I change something while teaching him?

Thanks in advance,

M

I have experienced the same thing with my dd and I would like any advice to.

I think you should just continue doing what your doing. Keep asking him that question and if he doesn’t answer correctly, just show him the right answer. So enough it will all come together. He’s already doing so well considering he is only 11months :slight_smile: Your doing an amazing job

I agree with waterdreamer, just keep associating the things together and eventually it will come, sometimes it takes a while and for being 11 months, wow!

Dear ‘waterdreamer’ and ‘mother of faith’, thanks for the words of encouragement. I’ll keep doing what I am doing now and see what happens :slight_smile:

I agree to waterdreamer and Mother of faith, just keep it going and things will click, another way to try and build that association could be, by keeping a few of those objects close to you and as he picks the card, show him the object. As he already know what the word means , he just may put the 2 together. just a suggestion, i havent done it myself :biggrin: . But you are dong a great job and so is your DS.