What is your routine?

When did you start?
What is your daily routine?
How much time should I plan to give to this daily?

Thanks!
Angela

Ah! I’ve been meaning to reply to this ever since it was posted… but haven’t gotten around to it.

I have wanted to ask the folks on the forum the same thing… but then I figured that I’m well positioned to give a response myself… which I found very difficult to do!

Thus I have found that tracking a time analysis of an infant caregiver is a difficult thing to do solo… at least I have had great difficulty as I have tried over the past three weeks!!!

I would go so far as to suspect that the schedules out there are done by super-organized people with strong “get it done” focus. Unfortunately my focus tends to wander freely like an ethereal Maria from the Sound of Music… “How do you catch a cloud and pin it down…”

All that to say, it’s hard to quantify how much of my (full time parent) time is spent on (1) EL precisely, and how much on (2) basic infant-bodily-function-management, and how much on (3) my own personal pursuits. Especially because all those three are so mixed and muddled up.

I outlined what I see as the main scheduling difficulty with teaching reading infants to read in the following link. Less about time spent, more about availability and time spacing. I think the total time committment is really just <1m for each session. But I’ll keep trying to keep a time journal and post more moving forward!

http://forum.brillkids.com/general-discussion-b5/anyone-attempt-full-doman-program-(reading-knowledge-math-and-exercise)/msg107374/#msg107374"]