What is the difference between the reader basic and the reader pro?

I am not new to Brill Kids, but I am new to Brill Kids Reader. My daughter and I have finished with the reader 9 day trial. We like it, I just need to know exactly what to buy. I would like to use the storybooks to go with the program, does that mean I have to buy the reader basic and the pro in order to use the storybooks?

Warm Regards,
Jennifer

Hi Jennifer,

Here’s a bit of clarification on the different types of Little Reader products:

1.) English/Chinese/French/etc. Curriculum for Little Reader

If you just want to play the premade curriculum, then this is the most cost effective product for you. If you still have Little Reader installed, just buy the curriculum pack(s) you want to use, download the file(s) into your software, then start playing the lessons. You won’t be able to edit anything in the curriculum, but you’ll be able to play it whenever you want (the lessons and the software itself do not expire).

2.) Little Reader PRO Key

If you have purchased any Little Reader Curriculum Pack and you later decide that you want to edit or create your own lessons, or to add your personal media files to your lessons, then you can buy yourself a PRO key. This key unlocks all the editing features of Little Reader (e.g., the Override function, the entire Play & Edit screen, etc.).

NOTE: Buying only the PRO Key will NOT give you any premade lessons. You could choose to buy just the PRO Key if you just want to use Little Reader for making your own set of lessons (or your own curriculum).

3.) Little Reader Basic kit

This product contains number 1 from above (specifically the English Curriculum) AND number 2 above (the PRO Key). It’s cheaper to get the Basic kit compared to buying number 1 and 2 above separately especially if you want to use the premade curriculum and still have the option to customize your lessons. If you’re getting Little Reader Basic, you don’t need to buy the PRO Key anymore.

The Little Reader Storybook Series (set of 25 books) is designed to complement the English Curriculum (the stories are covered in Semester 2), so yes, you can buy the books with Little Reader Basic. However, the books can also be used on their own - even if you buy just the PRO Key and make your own lessons.

I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

That was very helpful. Thank you!