What is a mother? My sons first essay.

Last night James (34 months) lay down on the floor with a piece of paper and a pencil and started to scribble and dictate what he says is his essay.
I secretly sat nearby writing hastily as I took down his musings. I just wanted to share.

WHAT IS A MOTHER?
A bad mother says, “stay out of the kitchen.”
But mummy says it is to be safe. The oven is hot and burns.
Mummy is a mother. No! just a mummy! Gamma is a mother. Daddy is not a mother.
A good mother gives hugs and kisses and rocks her baby.
All I want is mummy make dinner soon.
What is a mother?
Mother likes to play and run, run, run all day. Mummy loves her baby James. I no love my mother. I love my mummy.

THE END.

I don’t think he really understood that I am a mother and not just a mummy. But I love how simply he sees a mothers role. All he wants from me is to feed and love him.

I know that there are a lot of pressures put on us as parents, we feel that we need to do this, that and the other to be a good Mother (or father). We feel ostracized and judged by people on the outside looking in. But really, from the eyes of one (or many) that define our roles, it is really quite simple. Food and love. :slight_smile:

So wonderful! I am tickled that you were able to capture this moment, and even more that you shared it with us :slight_smile: Thanks!

This is precious!! That is so nice that you were able to write it down. Kids are so stinking cute and so smart. Thanks for sharing.

I love it! So so adorable and so sweet! :yes:

Adorable! A promising writer he is. How very touching :slight_smile: