What got you interested in early learning / teaching your baby?

I was searching for books on brain gym books in Amazon and then stumbled upon Glenn Doman books in Amazon. THen leads to search abt flash cards and then come to this site and found Little Reader and Little Math. So Wonderful.

Kimba, I moved merged your thread into this thread b/c they are about the same thing. I hope you don’t mind :wub:

i wanted my son to be able tro express himself and tell me what he wan\ted without me having to figure it out over a period of time. watching the your baby can read commuical made me want to teach my son even more. i feel the earlier he learns the smarter he will be

I was at the library and ran across How To Teach Your Baby Math and I’ve been hooked ever since! :yes:

I got interested in resourcing in parenting when i was pregnant with my son. A lot of people told that pre-natal teaching is important as the little one is alredy opening up himself to reciving the data we teach them. :slight_smile:

Hi I got interested in early learning since my little brother when he was young did not speak till the age of when we consulted a doctor he said that if we had tried to talk to hime & teach him things in his early age he would have started talking in an early age but my mother did not have much exposure and the doctor she initially consulted advised her to put him in a school which did not work out properly.

When I was pregnant, I was asking my ob-gyne what to do to help my son’s development inside my womb or help nurture him more, what other vitamins to take, etc.
She gave me an idea. Listen to the music while my son is still in my womb, just like that. and with regards to the vitamins, she just gave me iron and calcium.

Although I know that that is not the only thing I can do and not just those vitamins to take, I did not ask second opinion, my mistake.

When he is still a week old, I asked his pediatrician too but she just gave answers that I think all of
us mothers already knew.

Even before I don’t know any program regarding early childhood education, I started to show my son any picture from the book, letters, and sometimes I draw then show it to him…
Then I started searching. In my mind I know there is something that I must need to do…
Then I found some good sites, and then I found this site.

:slight_smile: