what do you mean by gifted

Yesterday we had a general official picnic which was arranged at a farm house.
There are many fun activities in which we participated and that was first time for and time for my Lil.
She demands me the microphone and just went up to the stage and started singing a numbers of rhymes with actions.
The whole day she enjoyed a lot.My hobby"s official are complimented her as" gifted child". :slight_smile:
Is she? I don’t know so much about this.
If any body has,please share.

Gifted children are usually those that have abilities many years beyond their age. Sometimes it is in just one area, eg math other times it is all areas. It is measured by testing a child’s reasoning and spacial and creativity through a bunch of timed tests. There is really no accurate way to measure the IQ of a two year old to see if they are gifted. To be considered gifted IQ needs to be above 130. realistically we can assume your child is not gifted HOWEVER I don’t think that is the point at all! You were being complimented on an unusually high level of intelligence or talent in your daughter and have a right to be very proud :slight_smile:
To the mums and dads on this forum. Let’s face it if you have a toddler who can read, a four year old who can play piano, a baby who can sign and communicate or a tantrum throwing three year old who can do complex addition your kids are GIFTED! They are gifted with awesome parents doing the best by them :yes: I know you don’t need a label for it.

I like your reply. as you said, a Gifted child may be gifted with talents or may be with incredible parents who are trying their level best to teach the baby and increase the potential and well being of the child.

Thank you for valuable counseling about the giftedness.
but one thing i want to know that how to count IQ level.
Does it depends on critical thinking ,making decisions and logical or mathematical abilities?
hope you share your concerns. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
Thanks again Mandaplus.

If you google “IQ test” and have a go at a few questions you will understand best how it it measured. It is logic, and critical thinking, a small portion is math but only where recognizing patterns are. I would need to look it up again to be more specific. Testing yourself is fairly strait forward but testing a child is definitely a job for experts. If you think your child may be gifted then look into the characteristics of gifted children then think very carefully about what difference it will make to their life if you test them. Most parents I have spoken too said testing made no difference at all to the child but just made them feel better. A rather expensive way to feel better about a clever kid if you ask me! Chocolate and wine would be much cheaper :slight_smile: The label doesn’t mean anything to the kids.
Any way if you want to know more Menza are the experts.