What do you love about early learning education that makes you chose this path?

I must admit the thing I love the most above all else is the strong bond I feel towards my daughter by interacting with her all the time. I feel as if I have a very special relationship with her that makes me want to continue with this path and I love that she is so keen to learn.

I’m interested in what others have to say.

Beside what you said, it’s the biggest gift I can give him.
When I see the smile on his face when learning something, my heart is smiling too.
When I see how much and how good he can talk, when others, even older, don’t, I just want to go on with it.
While using these methods I see that he grows up very well.

And, what’s more, his brain problems decrease - one of the biggest triggers for me to teach him early learning (in fact his brain is growing up so good that in time he has the chance of having a perfectly normal, entire brain… we’ll let time tell…).
I have had a big dream: “to improve my family’s DNA”. lol Now I even have the means and everything I need to fulfill it! Our son has learned and done what none of us ever did in our families.

One more thing: he’s a very sensitive guy. I don’t want him to be like I was - good and naive (and somewhat ignorant, or uneducated) and people took advantage of me. He can be good and innocent and having a wide vision of life without being used like I was - no one can fool you when you know many things, you trust yourself, have a high self-esteem and you can tell a lie from a truth.

Well…

I love the idea of forging a such a strong bond with my children. I love my parents dearly but I dont feel that I have a very good relationship with them. They were very judgemental and black and white with me as a child, I dont talk to them about my interests or my thoughts or stories because I feel that they will look down on them, or try to discourage me from doing something “frivolous” and do something “useful.”

I am into attachment parenting, I want to communicate with my baby, and I want my children to feel listened too, and accepted.

I want to breastfeed, practice diaperless infancy and use sign langauge to help foster a strong relationship with my children from jump. I want to practice having an open and honest conversations and relationships with my own children.
My parents are very good and intelligent but they are very “old fashioned 1-mode of thinking” in their ideas about child rearing.

As a kid, I always wished that I’d been taught as a baby and young child so that I’d already know simple stuff. (Really, I remember thinking very seriously about this when I was little. I even asked why they didn’t teach me to read and do math as a baby, because then I wouldn’t remember learning but I’d know how to do it and it’d be effortless but no one took me seriously.) I wanted to teach all my younger siblings and baby cousins to read well before I ever heard of Doman or flashcard fads (I was 6 when my first little brother was born). I actually began looking into teaching infants because I wanted to pioneer the field I had no idea that it was already so well established.

I hope that by following this path of intensive parenting that I will foster a strong relationship with my children. I want them to respect, love and trust me above fearing me. (If I am honest I have to say that respect and fear were tied for the #1 emotion I felt toward my parents growing up, but now love is #1 because I can understand them a little better, even though I don’t really agree with them 100%)

Also, if I am honest it is also a little bit about vindicating myself because I have wondered about infant education literally most of my life and wished that I was a prodigy at something since I have absolutely 0 talent in anything.

I want my kids to feel confident, competent and capable when approaching anything. I want them to be humble and disciplined, I want them to be mentally and physically superior to the masses. I’m want my children multilingual and practising gymnastics, swimming and martial arts regularly for at least 13 years, which I am willing to admit is my way of living vicariously through them, because these are all things that I wanted to learn to do (except swimming, which I learned to do during summer lessons.) I also want my kids to play some type of sport for a team for as long as possible, from 5 or so.

I think it’ll be neat to have the family love learning and self development as much as possible because I am a very cocky person and I worry that if I do all these things with my kids, they will eventually realize that they are “special” compared to the masses and be arrogant. I dont want my kids to be arrogant. I really hope to work in constant character training and foster a sense of humility, caring and equality in any child I raise.

I read the book ‘teach ur baby to read’ and thought it made perfect sense n’ therefore got started. It worked so quickly and my son was communicating from a very early age. I would never have understood how his mind works or had so much patience with him if it weren’t for his ability to communicate his thoughts. I would have assumed he had a one-track mind when in fact he was making connections between all sorts of things constantly. Also, it is something we can do together which is fun for both of us. That’s reason enough for me!

Honestly,

I wanted my child to have a shot in the world. The bonding though a bonus was not my initial reasoning behind trying to educate my son at an early age. There are so many facts and figures about the American education system, that I feared for his future. Tell my why again we wait until five to begin teaching children to read? My mom taught me before school (though she wasn’t nearly as obsessed) and I always knew I would teach my son to some extent. Did I know how far I could take this initially? No, but I’m glad I did research and have forums such as this to teach and inform of all the wonderful things that we can teach our little ones, especially when so many important educational facets are being weeded out of our US curriculum. I’m also glad that I fostered a love for learning, which (I hope) will remain for him his entire life.

I just want my son to know who he is and what he really likes and enjoys. I feel like the more I can can give him, the more he has to figure this out. I am just now coming to really realize those things about myself. And being lost prior to all of that, is not fun.