what do you do for a living?

It’s truly fascinating how different people from different works of life have somethg in common - teaching our babies. well done parents!

I own my own business and homeschool my children.

I am at stay at home mum right now and looking to go back to work as a Marketing Manager part time when my son is 18months. Hubby is a Motorcycle Purchasing Manager. No educational teaching background with either of us, just a love of reading.

By education, I am a therapist. However, I have done everything from waitressing, being a nanny, a mental health counselor, an activity director at a retirement home–which included managing a small store and beauty salon-- to teaching elementary art, just to name a few (but like alot of people, I’ve been working since I was 14)! I have enjoyed aspects of all my jobs… but my favorite has been helping in the rearing of the two children for whom I served as nanny and being a stay-at-home mom to my daughter. Although, what a misnomer that is… what mom gets to actually stay at home?! We are on the go constantly! Oh yeah… and being a wife… my grandmother assures me that, marriage counts as work too! :wink:

I am a SAHM. I would really like to start an at home business. Any good ideas? :wub:

I was a lawyer, actually quit before I got pregnant as wasn’t enjoying it and felt that I needed a break. But now, I realise being a stay-at-home-mum is really hard and my old job seems like a walk in the park! lol

No immediate plans to go back to work though as combining full time work with being a mum is just going to be completely unmanageable and my stress level is going to shoot through the roof. Although will probably return to work in another 6 month to 1 year, if we don’t get another baby that is! :biggrin:

I was a SAHM on maternity leave up until last week where I returned to work purely for finacial reasons. When I am not being a mummycator I work for the Australian Governement, helping adminstor a programme called the PBS (Pharmeceutical Benefit Scheme). It is where Dr’s ring up for medication for their patients’ thier patients have to meet a set criteria to have the medication, when the medication is approved it reduces the cost to the patient, to either $5 for pensioners and up to $30 for non-pensioners. It helps many peope as alot of the meds can cost up to $16000,(high end most cost between 70-500 dollars) so the rest of the cost is covered by the government.

Prior to having my DD i was also studying my degree in Commerce but thinking of maybe doing something else now.

i’m a banker by profession but was working in the hotel industry as room reservation manager while pregnant till i finally resigned last december 08.from july 08 was working at home since nanny left and had no other replacement. by december had to finally resigned since the company could no longer extend the priviledge given to me.
was fond of kids since the beginning, used to teach my nephew and niece when still single.used to teached in the church as well,just love being with kids and teaching them

http://www.thesimpledollar.com/2009/04/11/50-side-businesses-you-can-start-on-your-own/

Fifty great ideas. You might want to bookmark this site… have been reading it for a year now, and just love the financial advice…