what do you do about not wanting to move on to next material?

My daughter has been learning Continents and she loves it. She request this presentation many times a day. She says Asia which is her favorite. Someone should tell her we live in North America. lol

Anyway I had plan to move on to one of the continents and do the countries. She likes Asia best so I thought I’d start there. I am sure we could move on and do countries but she is not willing to give up her presentations she’s doing now. Not any of them.

So do I just add more or retire them and deal with a sad little girl or stay where we are losing this time to learn new material.

I hate to lose this time because she is already 18 months which we all know is old now. lol

She’s so over the hill! lol

Maybe you could just add in one new presentation at a time while still showing her her favorites. Maybe she will fall in love with the new and not be too upset about losing an old one. Or not notice it as much.

I know how much they love thier favorites and get attached to them!

To certain point that is a nice problem to have :laugh: Right now my daughter just watches the flash cards, but only gets excited with videos… Anyways, I also think you should do it little by little, intoduce new categories and try to remove first the one she is less excited about. Probably when she sees the new material she will love it. She sounds like a sharpe girl :wink:

Thanks guys. So far I have just been adding in one here and there and she seems fine with it but I’m worried about burning her out.

Right now she is doing dot cards, colours, farm animals, continents, ybcr words, world landmarks, flags of Asia, music basics, and a presentation of Disney characters because we are going to Disney World in September.

She loves them all and asks for each one but as you can see if you do each of these several times a day it can get a bit much.