What books are you reading this week?

We just picked up some Maisy books and my one and four year old just love them!

I like the somewhat larger print in it and cute story lines too.

My 4 year old should easily be able to read it independently in no time!

I love the Maisy books because the stories are simple and the words are big. Many of the Maisy books have the text on the left side and the picture on the right, which is perfect for us. I would bend the book in half and have my kids read the one or two sentences and then we would look at the picture. I am glad you found them, Autumn!

I will look up the favorites of your daughter, Skylark and read them today. What a treasure this book is! I just checked and my copy does not have the possum one. Maybe it is an older version that I have.

We also love little golden books library, they have different levels from simple to more complicated ones, and lot of variety.

@Krista, sometimes Book comes as a complete book and I also saw it sold in 2 volumes…

“The Curious Garden”, “Karate Hour”, “Whose garden is it?”, Franklin series of stories, “This Land is Your Land”, “See inside your Body” Usbourne, any book from author Anna Milbourne, Disney stories, books about spirituality, God, Jesus and other religions of the world. There are sooo many more, I don’t think I have the patience to write them all down :slight_smile: We usually have around 30-50 books out at a time from the library that get rotated with new set of 30-50 books every 2 months.

These are mostly non-fiction or classic stories. My son especially enjoys anything with lots of illustrations and books with audio versions. I also keep an eye out for quality easy readers and math/science books. He often requests books be read to him throughout the day.

1. The Water Hole by Graeme Base

“Fantastic way to teach about geography, wild animals, habitats, migration. The illusrations hidden within pictures are beautiful. Just love this book!”

On the Seashore (Picture Books) by Anna Milbourne
All of Anna Milbournes books are fantastic with great illustrations and contain non-fiction material in a child friendly way! “Sunny Day, Windy Day, Snowy Day” are all great.

On the Moon by Anna Milbourne

The Dinosaur by Anna Milbourne

Under the Sea (Picture Books) by Anna Milbourne

In the Castle (Picture Books) by Anna Milbourne

Under the Ground (Picture Books) by Anna Milbourne

My Hands (Let’s-Read-and-Find-Out Science) by Aliki

In a Nutshell (Sharing Nature With Children Book) by Joseph Anthony

Good Morning, Digger by Anne Rockwell He makes me read this almost everyday.

Which Way to the Revolution?: A Book About Maps by Bob Barner A bit advanced but still worth reading to teach concept of following a map. I don’t like the british referral as “rats” part!

Walt Disney’s Pinocchio (A First little golden book) by Nikki Grimes A classic story of telling the truth/morals.

What Is an Amphibian? (Animal Kingdom) by Lola M. Schaefer This and other titles like “What is a Reptile”, are simple, with clear pictures and effective in teaching.

The Three Bears by Paul Galdone I really like this version of “three little bears” and the audio is very entertaining.

The Apple Pie Tree by Zoe Hall

Over in the Jungle: A Rainforest Rhyme by Marianne Collins Berkes “Over in the Ocean” is also very fun to read.

Museum ABC by The (NY) Metropolitan Museum of Art Great at introducing Art.

Zin! Zin! Zin! A Violin (Aladdin Picture Books) by Lloyd Moss This is awesome with the audio.

We All Go Traveling By (Barefoot Paperback) by Sheena Roberts This is great with the audio.

Bees, Snails, & Peacock Tails: Patterns & Shapes . . . Naturally by Betsy Franco

Jack in the Beanstalk

There are many more but the key to my selection of books is to have mostly non-fiction material in them unless they are classic literature/Aeosp Fables/Poems and fun for us to read while learning something valuable! Hope this list is helpful!! :yes:

I love it! Thanks. I will have to check out the library website and see if any of these are available. Lots of goodies there.

thanks for all your booklists! whew…wish I have them for my son too… :frowning: I’ll just start collecting books…where should I go?clueless here…

Hi seanhendrick,
On Amazon they are having a 4 for 3 sale and most paperback books are included.
This week we are reading

Basher’s ABC Kids Book
Going Around the Sun: Some Planetary Fun
Multiplying Menace The Revenge of Rumpelstiltskin
Equal Shmequal
A Place for Zero
Alice in Pastaland a Math Adventure
Patterns In Peru
Mummy Math
If you give T-Rex a bone
Over in the Ocean : In a Coral Reef
Sprout