what are the best toys to give to a 2 to 3 year old.

i want my son to play with toys. so that he is involved in something himself.i wont him to explore things himself and get creative. i do give him crayons and stuff. but after some time he get bored and draw on the wall, which is if he is unassisted. as i am a working mother i want him to be involved in activities that can keep him busy, so that he dosent get into fights with other todlers. what do i do to make him feel loved and not lonely even when i am away

Do you mean toys to give him to play with at home or at the playschool?

i like to give him a soft toy to cuddle with him.To eliminate drawings on the wall put a big white paper and tell him to write on it and praise him when he do it.At home give him puzzles and wooden bloks and show him how to build on each other.

I agree with Jake that wooden blocks are ideal for children to build simple constructions. Wooden puzzles - provide different themes ones. Wooden car block container. Wooden trains and train rail.

mY SONS FAVORITE TOYS ARE…

Little tuned guitar
Little minature piano
xylophone

Other top rated toys… Puzzles, things to dress up in, hats, boxes of different shapes and sizes along with glue foam cut stickers, glitter glue, markers, pipe cleaners, feathers, pens, sparkles, bubbles.

Leap pad fridge mates

Newspaper to fold and make hats out of… cars that move with people that fit inside

Things a kid can stack- large legos, large foam blocks, play mats, parachute or large blanket with friends and stuffed animals, leaves to put on top

thomas the train

lol if you need more ideas let me know…

educational PC games

My daughter is two and she really enjoys playing with building blocks and interactive books

a toy which play a song…
toy cars
Building blocks

My guy loves plastic animals–dinosaurs, water creatures, insects, spiders, etc. They’re cheap and fun. You can throw them in the bath and they become “water toys” lol

Building blocks definitely,
and a ball

for my son the best gift anyone can give him is a magnetic board second best being building blocks!!!

my son loves the lego duplo series more than the megablocks. he also loves the fisher price garage/car port and can play with it for hours. he also loves anything that plays music like play piano, drums, harmonica, xylophone, etc. he also loves puzzles. the good thing though is that there are a lot of toys out there that are also learning toys like educational puzzles, learning drum, musical books, etc.

I agree with the above. Books, or any type of toys that encourage symbolic play, or even imaginative play. Its not the toy that is important but if he has someone to play with them. Playing with the child is very important. The simpliest toys can be so interesting sometimes.

Definitely would recommend Lego Duplo blocks!

Felicity at that age (actually, still!) also loves Disney princess miniature dolls, which she would play on a doll house.

And if your child is interested in drawing, then coloring/drawing kits.

logan loves the little people fisher price play sets

My son enjoys his melissa and doug easel and also his doctor kit and tool kit.

At the moment my daughter loves threading and beading . She will spend quite awhile threading different shape beads, making her necklace. She spends 10-15 minutes to herself. Also sticking different precut shapes on her scapbook using glue. Those are the activities that keeps her busy beside spending quite a while in her room flipping pages and sometimes talking or reading books(I think). Also wooden puzzles are good for this age as well.

Here I add my grandson’s favorite and arrange all according to type of toy, those on black where his favorite at that age:

Physical or coordination:
bubbles, whistles and harmonica Exercise for the mouth like whistling
Jack in the box Exercise for hand movement
ball Eye hand coordination
legos (Duplo)
Nesting and Stacking Box Specially knocking the blocks after building the tower
wooden or building blocks
wooden car or train
Lots of puzzles

Music:
tuned guitar, piano, xylophone or harmonica
toy with music
DVD Peter and the Wolf
Songs : Old Mac Donald had a Farm He listens 4 different versions on the IPOD

Life Simulation:
Little People sets
plastic animals (insects, farm, water creatures)
cars
Dr or Tool Kit

Educational (preschool):
Magnetic Board
Melissa and dough easel
stickers,
Crayons, pens
Folding paper
educational PC games
Books, books and more books He loves them all

DD loves her doodle pad (strange that nobody mentioned it), blocks, balls, books, musical instruments. She likes to play a marching band: just takes a guitar or a tambourine and goes around the house playing music, sometimes she puts on a bucket on her head to make the picture complete :biggrin: Sometimes she asks Mommy and Daddy to join her marching band lol
I want to get her a xylophone, I’m sure she will love it!!

Hmm, favorites around here for that age include:
Legos and Duplos
Moon Sand - great stuff!
Do a Dot markers
Playdoh or other soft modeling clay
Stacking anything (cups, blocks)
Puzzles
2 inch buttons and large shoelaces
Schleich animal figures - great quality, hand painted, they look realistic!

“Schleich animal figures - great quality, hand painted, they look realistic!” – agree with that, we matched figures to the series of BBC documentaries about animals “All about animals”, which present life of an animal baby, different in each film. There also magazines that go together with each documentary with illustrations, EK and activities about that animal. Great activity, she loves it!