What age to start?

Hi everyone- I am new to the forum. My daughter just turned one and has a chromosome disorder. Is one too early to start?
I am interested to hear your thoughts and experiences!
Thank you,
Ariana

The earlier the better! Get started right away. Many on this forum just wish they knew about the forum so they could have started at one! :biggrin:
If you haven’t already downlaod the little reader trial and give it a go. It’s free and no obligation. While you use the trial with your one year old read through some old posts on the forum and see what you can learn.
We have a number of members having success using little reader and flash cards to teach their children with chromosome diagnosis. Quite a lot of people get sent here because of that. Feel free to post any questions you have, someone will have the answer :wink:

Thank you!

Hi Ariana,
Welcome to the forum! So glad you are here.
As Manda said, it is NEVER too soon, (nor too late!!) to begin. There are members here who started Early Learning with their child literally in utero, and others who began when their child was preschool age or beyond. It is simply never too late to offer early education to a child.

One thing you might enjoy seeing is the results that one o our moderators, KMum, has achieved with her little one. Her daughter is a beautiful, amazing little reader, who just happens to have 47 chromosomes. KMum has a blog where she has chronicled some of their story, so I thought you might be interested in it.

http://downsyndromeupupupandaway.blogspot.com/?m=1

I can’t wait to hear your updates. There are some amazing people in this forum, each with ideas, enthusiasm, and a willingness to help.

It’s never too early!

Now is good! My son has a chromosome disorder too and I wish I had known all of this when he was 1! He is 2.5 and I am counting my blessings over that. Read, research, and do as much as you calmly and happily can in these early days and your child will ace her challenges!