What age should Little Musician & SoftMozart be considered?

Hi

My daughter is 7 months old and already doing LR & Little Maths. I wondered when is ideal to start Little Musician? Also when is SoftMozart ideal?

Thx
BT

Now for Little Musician. It is not going to hurt at all. Soft Mozart - we started at 18 months. But Little Musician was not out yet. If I were to do it now I’d say wait on Soft Mozart till around 2. But that depends on your child. I have a little girl who just started in my daycare - she is using the program well enough at 18 months. She needs lots of help - but is doing fine. We already have it, so she might as well use it. I might wait a couple more months if I were purchasing it. My son is almost 2 1/2 and he can use it but has a hard time not just banging on the keys. And he loves music. And he can play if he feels like it. It will depend on your child. You might want to pick up a cheap keyboard ( thrift store or dollar store) and put the SM sticker icons ( you can find a file in the file sharing section of the SM forum with both the colors of Little Musician and SM) icons and just say the notes do, re , mi, etc. Once your child can consistently press the keys then get the program.

We love both programs. They go very well together.

Yep, what she said. :smiley:

Little musician is great for any age. It can be as passive or interactive as you want it to be. My 7-month-old lights up when we watch it. My 5-year-old watches it at the piano and plays the chords during “chord recognition”. Little Musician is great for overall music education- reading music, singing, history, and instrument recognition.

It’s hard to say what age Soft Mozart is for, especially here. If I suggest 2-years-old, someone is going to prove me wrong, which is great! But playing the piano does require fine moter skills. My 2-year-old is benefiting from it but I don’t know if I would have bought it for him. My 5-year-old is soaring with it. Soft Mozart is great for piano- reading music, playing two-hands together, playing the notes correctly, etc.

We really love both of them. Not knowing your budget, I would recommend getting Little Musician now and Soft Mozart when they are around 2. If you do get LMS, you could color-code the piano keys to match LMS and when your daughter can match them up with lessons on LMS you’ll know she’s ready for Soft Mozart. My 2-year-old loves playing the piano with both of these programs, but SM is better for piano, naturally, because that’s what it was designed for.

Good luck!

yes start Little musician now. its good for all ages. babies right up to and including adults. :yes: my 9,7, and 5 year olds love it but the 2 year old next door does too. the longer you own it the more times you can show it!
Soft mozart I would say age 3. I say this purely knowing what the mums with 2 years olds learning piano go through, i dont have THAT much patience lol At around age 3 children can sit longer, find the games easier to comprehend, have better finger strenghth and care enough to understand they are trying to play a recognisable tune. If your child has completed little musician and has developed good/perfect pitch then soft mozart would be easier to introduce earlier.
My son just didnt get it until he was close to 4.3, but mums with more consistent schedules can get solid results at age 3. Mums who are dedicated to multiple very short practices a day could get a propper tune from a 1 year old. In fact some have!

Hi All

Many thanks for your views. I’ll definitely look to getting LMS straightaway and wait to see how she gets on before thinking about SoftMozart around 18months.

Regards
BT