Wegivebooks.org--thousands of FREE digital books for children

Oh… My Ipad says I need flashplayer to read…
Can’t we save the books on tablets?

Hypatia,
You can view them on your IPad through a flash app. I have one called Rover (it’s free!).
Install it, then access the welovebooks.org site from the Rover (or other) app.
It is a bit slower, but will show them!

Wow!! Thanks, Keri. I am on my way to check this out right now.

Great link, thank you so much Kerilanne :slight_smile: ! Could you please tell what is exactly the app you use for flash player for iPad? I have an iPad 2, and I was trying to find “Rover”, but couldn’t find a flash player app with that, only other apps…?

Ktk-
It is actually just called Rover-A Browser for Education by iSwifter…
Lets see if it will allow me to paste the link:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/rover-browser-for-education/id483262612?mt=8

Hope it helps…

Being a PM friend of Keri, I know she won´t mind if I copy a post of mine in the “LIBRARY - all links” thread that spoke about the same site.
I know we are all busy parents and we tend to forget the wonderful sites we find - it just happend to me again when I read Keri´s post and I tried to sign up again to a site that I had posted on BK a month ago ;-)))

I really don´t mind who discovers which site and don´t claim ownership at all (I didn´t find it myself by the way, a friend told me!) Just want to make sure that everybody is aware of that wonderful thread “LIBRARY - all links” where we used to post all our wonderful findings in just 1 thread to have it all handy and don´t overlook links.

ipad apps that can show flash: Rover, iswifter, Puffin. I find puffin to be the best, although it is only free for 2 weeks and then you need to pay Euro 2,39, but I am using it with www.time4learning.com and it works quickest.

Take care!

Maybe that thread is easier to find if a send a direct link to it: http://forum.brillkids.com/teaching-your-child-other-topics/library-all-links/
Somebody has just posted a wonderful site for Spanish interactive books there today.

Take care!

Thank you “early learning17”, I am new here, so good to know there is such a wonderful link as LIBRARY all links :slight_smile:
And thank you for the info for other flash apps, I think I will try Puffin, as the Rover somehow didn’t seem to work very well on my iPad…(? :unsure: )

Thanks for the suggestion of Puffin. I will try it. I find Rover to be slow and iSwifter is also quite slow, sometimes crashes and has inappropriate content for children on the home page. I’ve been getting frustrated! So happy to find another option.

Wow! Ok I am hard to impress and I am very impressed! This has ALL my favoutites and more. Thank you! Loving it!

I guess my question was “can we save them” on the Ipad.
I don’t have wifi at home so I can’t connect my Ipad. I’m looking for books to save as PDF to read in iBook.

thanks a lot… and agin as I have already read, can we save them to our computer?

thanks!!! do you know if I can read the books on my kindle?

Hey ! thanks so much for the wonderful website.

However, every time i click “Read Now”, a message “Document Not found” is displayed…any ideas?

Thanks
Jatinder

Thank you for such a good website!!! :smiley: Today I want to read aloud Mommy loves me. I wish my daughter likes it!

Oh! Sorry for the late reply regarding saving of books!
I haven’t really played with the technology to verify whether or not it is fully feasible to save the books in this site to PDF format…I Did, however, manage to view a book and safe it on the desktop. Surely, if this is possible, it will be in a format convertable for someone more technologically-savvy to work with!

Try this link: https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/rover-browser-for-education/id483262612?mt=8

Thank you! I’m new here and am just looking into getting my 2 year old son to read. He is going to love all of these books!

I don ´t seem to get it work anymore with the rover app. Can you??