Warmest Greetings from Israel

Hi everyone!

This is a very late introduction of myself.

I am a Singaporean Chinese mum of a 15.5mth old super active girl, Rachel.
Currently residing in Israel with my husband who is posted here due to work.
Another words, i had given up my profession to be a full-time stay-at-home mum/ educator/care-giver
for at least a year!

Had joined the forum like last Aug, & only realised that there is a welcome PM from Lappy until today!
Been a quiet reader of the comments and posts all the while, mainly due to busy work schedule then.

Now that i can really spend quality time with my family, esp my girl,
hope that i can share some of my experiences and learn from all of you here.

Almost 99% of the learning resources (including Multi-media DVDs/ electronic edu. toys) here are in Hebrew, probably a little collection in English or Russian which comes with exorbitant price tags. My resources are mainly from the Internet and i am so relief to find Brillkids forum.
Occasionally if there are visiting friends from Singapore, we would ask them to help to bring in some English/ Chinese children books/ media, some of which are bought from Amazon.

We had attempted to buy from e-bay or check out some online bookstores which ship internationally, shipping cost is usu high (due to high import taxes) and with the unreliable privately-run post office delivery, we will have to take the risk with really good stuff. My girl’s learning kits are going around the world.
Hopefully, she can appreciate the effort by learning well haha…

Make good use of the public library while u can - imagine when u can’t even find one in your neighbourhood. Or is there anyone in this forum from Israel, please give us some guidance?

Nonetheless, making use of this rare opportunity and cultural immersion, i am teaching (& learning mself at the same time) my girl hebrew. So far, she can say “Shalom” (Hello) and “Todah” (Thank you).

Besides learning at home, we hope that the visits to exotic places within the country and nearby European countries help in building Rachel’s repertoire of schema.

Wishing all parents enjoy the learning and growing process with your little ones! Most importantly, have fun!

Did i mention warmest regards?.. indeed… our 1st super middle eastern hot hot summmer Sweat… sweat*

Cheers,
Jinjl (Rachel Mum)

Hi Jinjl! Welcome to the Forum! Glad you decided to join in the conversations!

Hope to see you around often!

Hi and welcome to the forums. It’s great to have you here! Feel free to browse the forums and add to any discussions that interest you. Please let us know if you have any questions or need any help getting around. We hope to hear more from you soon!
Nikki