Want To Get Something Done

Want To Get Something Done?
June 25th, 2009 by ComputerBob

There’s an old saying that says, “If you want something done, ask a busy person to do it.”

Another old saying states, “If you want something done right, do it yourself.”

But now, scientists have come up with a surprising new saying: “If you want something done, talk to people in their right ear.”

As you can see by the photograph that accompanies the article, it apparently also doesn’t hurt to be attractive, and to get very close and whisper what you want right into the other person’s ear.

http://news.aol.com/health/article/right-ears-favored/544005

Hmmm… that’s very interesting :huh:

Does anyone have any (other) great tips for getting things done?

For incorporating a new habit or routine into your life I’ve heard of these…

Attach it to something else you do very routinely without fail… like when I wanted the kids rooms to stay especially tidy when our house was on the market, I had them tidy it up when I was reading them their bedtime story every night because that is something we did without fail.

Have a scheduled day or time and stick to it… for years and years now I am able to remember to change the bedsheets weekly because I always change them on Monday. Monday can’t go by without thinking about it.

For adding Doman teaching to my schedule, someone suggested (I think very wisely) to start with something small and stick to that for a while until I know that that will work well, and then add a little more and make sure that is working, and so on. As excited as I am to get everything started right away before they get even one day older, this is the approach I am taking because I believe it’s true that it’s better to do a little consistently than to do a lot sporadically.

I think that when you have accountability to someone, then you will ‘stick to it’ better… a buddy that you are dieting with or exercising with, a blog that other people will read, a spouse that asks from time to time “what did the kids do for schooling today?”, a chart/checklist/schedule that you show to someone, company over regularly that will notice whether or not you are doing any housekeeping (having your house on the market works great for this!), a piano teacher that actually checks to make sure you’ve done the suggested amount of practice every week (some don’t, but if you aren’t practicing then I think you are wasting your money)… well, you get the idea – it’s taking advantage of our human nature that seeks the approval of others. You shouldn’t really care what others think, but let’s be honest… we all DO care to some degree.

Any other ideas folks? Getting things done and sticking to things is an area I definitely need work on!

i think if yo want to get something one, you have to do it?