Visual Perception for older kids 4years +

Hello Everyone,

I just posted 5 files but I was unable to add a description of the file (sorry this is my first time) - The files I just uploaded are part of the observation training I am playing with my daughter.

The Idea is to present simple pictures to the children in a flash and then ask them to draw what they just saw; what ever they can remember is great, it is an excersise that will improve the visual perception -over time. First just simple bw drawing, later on increase the number of items, add colors and so on…

hope this is useful for you guys

Regards,

Gloria D.

very cool ty… I was wondering how to use them…thanks for the description. karma

HI Mandi; Thanks !!! :wink:

Well the idea is that these excersices help the kids with observation training and photographic memory,
at the begining it will feel like you dont get a thing… but in time they will be able to get all the details in one shot and reproduce them without any effort.

I start as reccomended in RBrain making sure we are happy, grateful and relax, breathing for 2 minutes (which always makes my daughter laugh instead of relax… I hope she will get use to my breathing face soon LOL) then I tell her we are playing a game and in this game like the others we play she will always win, no matter what she draws - we always celebrate her doing it.

I play the ppt and it will move after a second, then I ask her to draw whatever she could remember while we have the white background; right arrow or space bar to move to the next picture, we do the same for all 10 picts and once we finish we celebrate and play back to review the pictures - when you do that you play the pps the same way and after the picture moves on use the left arrow to go back to that slide and stay as long as you wish- we look and I talk to my daughter about what she missed - we always make jokes about what she misseed - it is very important that they dont feel stress otherwise forget it. I wont work.

I already have done over 100 pictures with her like these, and I am going to start moving to more detail, if you want the others let me know - I will be happy to post them here for you.

there are also many interesting books from school zone I believe the series is Hidden pictures, they are great to train the eye for detail, we did all of them as well; let me know if you are interestend and dont have the link I will look it up for you. Ten you can move on to Barnes and Nobel (they carry lots of theese) picture mazes they are more demanding.

I hope these help!

Regards,
Gloria

ps: I have not forgotten the chemistry stuff - we are still working on it…

Thanks GloriaD!
I also looked at the ppt title and wasn’t sure how to use them, thank you for explaining and uploading them.
P.S. I’ve downloaded the first one but can’t open it. I have Microsoft Office PowerPoint. Any tips?

Hi Nikolett,

I think the powerpoint is a higher version. I tried to save it in the lower version.
You can try to download and open it again. See attached file.

Thanks jemjem!K to you for help :slight_smile:
It works,
Dear GloriaD. Would you consider uploading your other ones in pps format?
Tx!

My Pleasure - will do so tomorrow evening.
I am glad you were able to use them.

Gloria

Dear Nikilett

Would you pls tell me if this file is compatible with your system. So I can add the others

Here is the first one I will upload the other next.

Happy Day

Gloria

Dear GloriaD,
I can open this one, thank you! I must have an older version of the powerpoint.

No worries I already posted the other 5 will post another 5 by friday and so on…

have a good week !!

Glroia