Video on the Importance of language in determining differences in color

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4b71rT9fU-I

Interesting video. Teaching your children lots of differences in shades of colors and the NAMES for those shades, will allow them to see the differences better. Cool! For those of you who have them, Dr. Titzer’s Child Can Discover Books on color (although I despise the vertical flaps) are perfectly suited for this. Learning the NAMES is the important part!

Wow. That was so interesting. I wonder how our little ones are really seeing color.

I LOVE this!
Daddy is a bit of an artist, and we are a wee bit fastidious about color in this house! In fact, she has already learnt about wavelength of light, the electromagnetic spectrum (via her prism) and color! YBCD is one of the most fantastic programs for this, SHAME on the naysayers and cynics!

If you have not managed to get your hands on the YBCD color lift-a-flap books (I hate the style too, TmT!!!), head to your local DIY store!!!

We were painting the dining room, realized how excitednAlex was about the selection of colors in the paint department, and stumbled upon a wonderful, Free! Resource!!! We made a great color wheel, taking care to use properly-named colors, and utilized a brad to make a color wheel! Alex now knows more colors and hues than we do lol

We actually have a paint chip book. James loves sitting there going through all the colors with me.