Video on DD in HK and other teachinng stuff

There is a brief talk by DD when he was in HK on this show (first part only).

Its mainly in cantonese, but watch the 4min++ to 5mins into the show and you can see DD talking in English for those who are interested.

Again he mentions the frequency, intensity and duration and this time he describes it … enjoy.

(pls see link below download and click on it it uses windows media player.)

For those abl eto read chinese … pls see link below and find the windows media player to play … it covers alot more than just GD method but also include montessori … and others …

http://gbcode.rthk.org.hk/b5/www.rthk.org.hk/rthk/tv/hkcc/20090504.html

They also talked about montessori and other local methods used …

There is one part where a mothers says she tried the FC method and wasn’t succesful and ended up with lots of frustration and helplessness … it puts pressure on her boy and on her … some says it was very easy …

For the not o succesful ones they end up trying montessori … which they feel makes a happier and learning child … i guess alot depends on the individual child … some are just very good at visual and memory and parroting, while others are more hands on … learning more through doing …

But i do notice something interesting not sure if its the few that i saw or generally it is so … those who are very able to read or good at this so called right mind thingy, has a lessor ability to judge, priortise matters of importance, execute fundamental analysis and thinking on the go … meaning to think on their feet as events happen … or maybe its just what i see in certain individuals … but i do find that those who can’t think on their feet do often have better memory…