Video: Five-year-old Romanian weightlifter becomes Internet star

Dear Everyone,

Now he is “Physically Superb” - wouldn’t you say? lol

• Ayesha

Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:57 pm EDT
Video: Five-year-old Romanian weightlifter becomes Internet star

By Chris Chase

Giuliano Stroe has six-pack abs before turning six years old. And he’s also in the Guinness Book of World Records before he can probably even read it. [We need to tell his parents about BrillKids!]

Though it’s highly unusual for a child to start weight training at such a young age, the pre-schooler entered the record books earlier this year after completing the fastest ever 10-meter walk with a weight ball between the legs, which is both both highly impressive and highly specific. Since then, a four-minute video of Stroe has hit the Internet and made him a viral sensation.

It looks like a training montage from a Rocky movie, minus the Survivor soundtrack. (And, interestingly, Guiliano Stroe is almost the same size as Sylvester Stallone.)

(see video at link below).

The highlights:

0:32 – The “Crouching Tiger” wall flip.

0:41 – Backflips on the kitchen table. Even Richard Heene thinks that’s questionable parenting.

1:43 – Doing barbell curls with toddlers dancing to 50 Cent in the background.

3:19 – More flipping, this time from a high bar.

3:39 – My arms hurt from just watching that.

The pre-schooler’s gymnastic skills are every bit as impressive as his weightlighting prowess. Both sports are national obsessions in Romania, so Stroe should have plenty of options when he becomes a teenager … in 2017.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/post/Video-Five-year-old-Romanian-weighlifter-become?urn=top,198525

That’s disgusting. No child that young should be pushed to become a weight lifter. A 5 year old should not look like that and should not be doing some of the things that he is doing. I saw a similar story years ago, and it seemed as if the parents were just pushing him and then exploiting him.

Pushing a child in any area that much is unhealthy whether it is sports, music, religion, or school work. Trying to make a perfect child usually does not turn out so well. A child should have fun and be loved. This child looks like he is enjoying himself but most people would regard this as unhealthy, so just remember that when you are dealing with your child in your area of focus. A child can be pushed too much in any number of ways. I do not disagree with teaching them just obsessing in any particular area.

OMG, thats so sad. Poor child. I don’t know how much truth there is to this but my mom told me that children under the age of 12 should not lift weights as it is terrible for there bodies