Vid: My Baby Reading My Handwriting

I accidentally left Cammie’s flashcards at our relative’s house so I tried writing some words on the whiteboard for her to read. She recognized all the words I wrote! I guess we won’t be needing the word-flashcards after-all… Ever-since she can recognize words, we used LR and printed materials from the computer, it’s just now that we tried with our own hand-writing. I just want to share my joy :slight_smile:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXJE3XyjBcM

That’s great! I did the same thing when we were at a restaurant with family. I just wrote words on a napkin and Gabriel would sign them.

That video is too cute! Congrats

sooo cute!!

I just love your baby…I started showing flash cards when my son was 5months,but couldnt do the revision properly,though he recognises the words stuck on things like fridge,mirror etc,i dint test him yet.Finally landed up in getting Little reader and maths.He shows o interest in dot cards which he earlier was.he just got bored with dot cards.As i’m working,i dont have time to prepare for EK cards,but i would love to do that…My boy is 8.5months by now,i dint start sign language yet,also donno wr to start and how to…will he respond and sign? hope i’ll have this doubt until he signs atg me!!!I learn everything by looking at his eyes…eager to know how to teach signs…

Thanks everyone!

@ nknockaday
Isn’t it a wonderful surprise when you realize they reallybcan read no matter the font style, color or even the size of the letters? :slight_smile:

@ vanichezhiyan

Wonderful, unique username! What does it mean?
Regarding signing, sure your 8-month old can learn ASL! Teaching it was no effort at all for us, we just let her watch Baby Signing Time (1-4). Baby loves it! It’s her favorite video hands down! Just make sure you interact with your baby while watching & try to reinforce the signs by using it yourself. Babies loves to imitate actions, I’m sure both of you will enjoy it!

Regards,
Vanessa

Cammie you’re sooo cute!!! :slight_smile: Good job!

Vanessa,

Camie is cute as always! Btw, I am surprised by one thing…the printed alphabet “a” looks different than how we write…I am amazed that she is able to identify the word in spite of that…Have you always used printed words or has she seen the normal handwritten “a” before in any of her cards or videos?

Questers.

I am as surprised as you are Questers! I guess she just figured it out.

There is another video of her (which I haven’t posted yet) that shows a poorly written “thank you” and still she read it easily. This is just our second time to use the whiteboard so there’s no way she got accustomed to my handwriting already.