Vid: My 9-month old Reading!

Wow…a huge congratulations to you! This is so inspiring to newbies like me!
I have just started teaching my 11 month girl to read. I wanted to ask you something …
does your gorgeous little one do the actions to the words because when teaching her to read you also taught her the actions or because she associates them to actions that she has learnt on other occasions?

Hi! We’re honored to have serve as an inspiration!

When we saw Cammie doing different actions (like “kick”, “clap”), I started reinforcing the words that she’s doing. I show them (word flashcard) to her frequently, focusing on those while continuing her other lessons. She imitates the actions from YBCR and LR.

Good-luck with your precious baby. 11-mos is still young. No doubt that she will absorb everything that you teach her. More power!

Nadia,

Wow. That’s incredible. You’ve done a wonderful job. It’s obvious that she is also having fun while reading.

Lori

Hi
Great video and impressive reading by Cammie!

Just wanted to share how our 11 month old is also reading. We use YBCR and figured out Tobias can read when on a whim we set up his toy animals on the floor and showed him a flash card with one of the toy animal’s name on it (for example “elephant”) To our surprise,Tobias would then pick out the animal! We thought it was by chance, but when we tried with other cards, he consistently picks out the correct toy animal to match the card. The excitement is definitely contagious. Thank you for sharing your experience.

Thank you guys! It’s every parent’s joy to impart knowledge to their little ones but seeing them learn this fast…it’s just amazing! Congratulations to Tobias too! :slight_smile:

Right now, at 11-months, she can read a couple of dozen words. Soon I’ll post an updated video :slight_smile:

Looking forward to it! :slight_smile:

I saw Cammie’s videos… really really impressive. Congrats!!!