Very Sad - And Yet Opportunities

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/09/opinion/sunday/kristof-profiting-from-a-childs-illiteracy.html?ref=opinion&_r=2&

This is a very sad article about illiteracy here in the US and the system that promotes dependency. EEECF and Save the Children might want to consider joining hands. Though I fear that BK might be too “pushy” to be accepted yet.

Just wondering, how are BK “pushy?” :mellow:

Please don’t take that the wrong way. I mean the method of BK/Early Learning gets us the label of being pushy and I’m not sure a mainstream organization is prepared to hook up with something like this yet as they would get a lot of flack for pushing the children too hard. That is all.

Wow, that’s so tragic. An education is the very thing they need to lift themselves out of poverty. :frowning:

The article was quite confusing to me because SSI doesn’t quite work the way the article indicates. You have to be more than illiterate to qualify. Also to receive SSI you have to show that you are sticking to an educational plan such as an IEP or any other assistive therapies. To drop those things could be enough to lose SSI.