VERY Basic books - NEED HELP FINDING THEM!

Thankfully our 27 month old just had a break through with his reading. I tried pretty much everything out there but he finally responded to good old fashioned phonics and is making good progress.

My basic question is this, where can I get those simple books that I used to read at Montessori back in the 1980s? You know, the ones that are a solid color on the outside, white pages on the inside and have black writing and a very simple drawing? The beginning ones had 2 to 4 word sentences. I have looked all over the internet and can’t find them. They don’t have to be Montessori, any brand will do.

Thanks!

A friend just suggested the BOB books. They look similar. Anyone heard of them?

Have you tried the books from Little Reader Deluxe? They are great. They have a flap which covers the pictures too.

Yes, we do the little reader books but I think they are still too wordy for him. He likes them and we read them all the time, but I was hoping to find pates with just 2-4 word sentences. I think the Bob Books I mentioned above might do the trick.

I think we mostly used “books” on the computer at that stage (LR or PowerPoint) for my son’s reading. For some reason, he was more eager to read aloud when it was on the computer screen. Soon enough…he was much more comfortable reading and we could use regular children’s books (Dr. Suess Go Dog Go and Hop on Pop, etc). I haven’t looked at the BOB books, but we do have the ipad app for it :).