Using Powerpoint presentations

Hi, I’d like to ask to the more experienced members in this forum how you use powerpoint presentations. One approach I am using is that of choosing 3 sets of 5 cards in different presentations ( say, 5 italian words, 5 body parts, 5 objects). The presentation contain more slides than that, but I stop at the 5th card. I rearrange the cards manually instead of using a randomizer and add and retire cards as per Doman method.

However showing full presentations seems to be easier on both my child and I. I find it easier to show my child a set of 10 or so words in one presentation and stop the session at that. Later in the day I will show a different set and so on. In this case I use a randomizer. But in this way I am not retiring nor adding cards, how many times should I show the same set before retiring the whole set? is it better to use the first system, with more cards but shown more often? Then how do I switch to another set of words? Do I just go cold turkey after a few days and start a different presentation?

I’m a beginner at EL and amSO confused!