Using LR for teaching 2nd language Rosetta Stone style?

I watched the demo from Rosetta Stone site and liked the method of “natural learning” or language immersion. It corresponds with what GD said about information bits and putting the words in couplets and sentences. The sample had the words introduced and interchanged in couplets with photos for illustration. It went sort of like that:

man
woman
child

man reading
woman reading
child reading

man running
woman running
child running

man eating
woman eating
child eating

man and child eating
woman reading

woman and man running…

It would be a lot of work, but I think it’s possible to create enough sets to teach a child a new language (and to read in it at the same time) :yes:

The final part of the lesson was a test where you were to choose the right picture for the phrase. That could be done also by showing the picture first before the words/pronunciation.

Anyway, just sharing my next project idea… :smiley:
What do you think? Is anybody doing anything similar?

Nikolett,

I think is a great idea! :yes: I have not seen the video, but it makes sense. I don’t think that it would be that hard to put in LR once we have the model, the pictures and we share them.

Which second language do you want to teach your baby?

Right now I’m just translating to Spanish the same words I’m doind in Englis, but we wanto to teach our daughter Mandarin adn German if possible.

Please keep me posted… :slight_smile:

I’ve always had high regard for Rosetta Stone. I too would love to see people create similar style content!

Our (third) language of choice is Russian, since it seems nice for them to know their grandparents’ language. You are right, Joha, once you do it in one, it doesn’t take that long to translate. I’ll keep you posted here. If anybody has actual Rosetta Stone software, please, share tips on presenting new things!