Using LM/LR with more than one child

I am sure there is many of you using LM/LR with more than one child. Do you have any filing system? Or you just have to remember where you finished with each of them?

I would also like to know if LR keeps a record of the times each category have been seen etc.
Is it that we can sign on LR for each child separate in order to have a control of how each one is progressing?

Also i understand that i can have two instalations at the same time so one can be in my house and another in my daugthers’ house.?

this is probably question for KL. :wub:

I use it for my 22 month old and 9 month old at the same time. We do the computer program hooked up to the TV and they both follow the same program (usually while eating breakfast in their high chairs) . I reinforce & practice more with my older DD using physical flashcards I have printed off. When she masters a set, a put them away and print new ones. We usually cover 2 sets at a time, I do the program a little more intensely with my older DD.

That didn’t answer all of your questions, but that’s how we do it.

Thank you LilyandOwensMom for telling us how you use LR for both your kids.

I was reading the product information thinking more seriously about buying it for my 2nd grandchild and maybe use it with my 3yr old (he will be 4 by then). The sales material seems excellent and i am anxious about getting my hands on it.

They mention a planner so i supposed you have to keep track on which lesson you are with which kid if you go at a different rhythm. And i guess that should be kept on manually. But what was clera is that every tme you use the same word it comes in a different style or color etc.
How i wish to be in february with my grandchild born and start playing with the product.

Thanks again for your input.

Hi everyone,

Just in case you haven’t seen it yet, there is actually a Playback Stats screen in Little Reader, where you will see a tally of how many times each word / category / course / playlist has been played.

You may read more about it in this page:
http://support.brillkids.com/index.php/article/how-to-use-playback-stats-screen

Unfortunately, the stats will not distinguish playback stats for each child (at least in the current version) – if you’re using LR for different kids (assuming it’s installed in only 1 computer), the stats will just show how many times each word was played back in that particular computer.

For now, I would suggest that you take note which lesson each child is in. You can either write it down in your weekly planner (if you have it), or your own journal / notes.

I hope this helps, though! :blush:

Thank you all :slight_smile:

Kezia will it be possible with newer verion? As I am planning to use it with 15 children in nursery school.With that many children that would be impossible to keep track :blush:

Thank you

Sorry, but right now I can’t guarantee that the Playback Stats feature in the new LR version would allow you to keep track of individual playback information. We are keeping this in mind though, and we will work to do this in a future version (if we can’t include this in the upcoming “new” version).

It helps us to know that there are many like you who find a feature like this useful. This way we can prioritize putting in such new features when we plan and work on LR updates, so do keep posting your comments, suggestions, and ideas here!

Hi Kezia,

I have got another suggestion for playback stats. If we are using two computers simultaneously for one child (one home based PC and one travel laptop), it would be handy to have a feature to join both PC stats to one final summary. What about uploading progress records online and create something like “central record” for each user?

best regards.

Kezia,
I agree with monika2001 that it would be very usefull to keep the stats of both PC synchronized.
From what you said, the stats is not helpful if you are playing simultaneously to more than one kid supposing they have their own schedule and categories playing.
What about if i finish with my older kid and am starting with the 2nd baby. Is there a way of cleaning or reseting the stats at any time. How do this works.

We do intend to have child profiles (which will include stats as well as different records of which lessons been played, etc.) in future versions. Unfortunately, it’s not going to be in the upcoming version 2 which you’ll be seeing as early as next month.

But thanks to your suggestions and reminders, we will ‘up’ the priority of this feature.

Still, it’s not designed to be used in classrooms yet. For that, we are planning a ‘Teacher’s Edition’ which is further down the development pipeline.

We’ll also have a look at what we can do to synchronize data between PCs but that would be quite a bit more complex.

Resetting stats should be quite simple to implement though. Hopefully we can implement this soon.

Keep your suggestions coming! :slight_smile:

great suggestions girls!

Looking forward to teacher’s edition very much. Can’t wait :yes:

Thank you KL , it is much clear. I am planning using LR for my two grandchildren (one is 3 yrs and the other is due on february). I suppose there is no problem with that. The thing is i have to control where i am with each of them.