Urgent question - YBCR

Hi all

I am starting to teach my 11 week old Step 1 tomorrow, and I must say I am a little disorganised! I have been teaching her the flashcards(step 0) until today. I bought the Brillkids little reader, and in the YBCR book, they say you should start with the parts of the body. Does anyone have any of these files or can direct me to the parts of the bodym and then all the other sets thereafter, such as possessions, foods, animals, actions, colors and so on that are not in the standard version?

thank you!

Do a search in the downloads. Just go to The Little Learner Library-Little Reader Home Library Home link near the top of the page. When you get there you will see a search box on the right side of the page about half way down. It says download search box. You can type in body parts or whatever you are looking for, and it will give you a list of all the downloads with those words in the title.

thanks so much :slight_smile:

I went to those downloads, and they do not seem to follow the Doman flashcard recommendations. ie - there is no file with body parts which Doman recommended - ie hand, hair, leg, shoulder, knee, toes, eye, bellybutton, foot, ear, mouth, finger, head, arm, elbow, teeth, nose, thumb, lips, tongue. Surely someone must have followed the YBCR using the Little Reader?

I’m confused. Doman is not YBCR.

Yes, that’s right - but I thought that someone would have used the recommended words in his reading program, using the software - ie, he recommends that we start with body parts etc, so I thought someone would have created those files as so many people follow the Doman method using the software surely?

I am pretty sure somebody from the forum posted parts of the body following Doma’s program. But I am a 100% sure we have YBCR starter dvd vocabulary in spanish which I think is really interesting , my daughter has memorized all those really fast, I will recomend you to do that if you are interested in introduce her to a second language.

There are many downloads with the word body. The one I like most is one that i found similar in french and spanish. I do not know if it is legal to make a copy (for yourself) and change the words. It is not to hard to open the french or spanish version and change the words to get english parts of the body for your child. Nevertheless I could not change the sound so i swithc of the volume when playing it.
I hope this is usefull.

I uploaded those first Doman’s words, but they are in a PDF format because I decided to do parts of the body as real flash cards. My daughter loves to play with them. I’m sorry :frowning:

PS. I attached them to this post in case you want them. They are in both English and Spanish. You just need to fold them and you will have one langage in one side and the other in the other.