Unit Studeis or Theme Units

How many of you use theme units or unit studeis in your teaching? I love creating new units, here is a link to unit studies. http://www.waldsfe.org/Study%20Topics.htm#What_We_Have_Studied!__

Thank you so… much , I love it :slight_smile:

I don use them, but thanks so much for this list. I’m considering changing up a lot of things in anticipation of the day I have children of my own and since I began looking into FIAR I’ve began to reconsider their place and value in unit studies. I also know that if I take this path, it will be easy for me to use it with multiple children at multiple ages and stages.

Does anyone know of the pros/cons of using Unit Studies? I know that they are flexible and easily applied to multiple children, but what are the cons?

They seem like they are teacher intensive, requiring a lot of work from Mom (that’s gonna be me someday :), so I just wanna be ready.)

For me sometimes I get carried away with what can go into a theme unit. I get carried away with the content so I have to make sure that stay within the childs guidelins. there are many books that have theme units already ready for you. I create my own using lapbooks and mini lap books. Theme units can be a great adventure for kids who are more the hands on type.