Twice x three times??

Hi Im from Brazil and this is my first post :slight_smile: ! Im a teacher and start to study the Glenn Doman method in my especialization course. Im trying to help my cousin that have a baby how to use the method. But we had a litlle problem… They work a lot!! She works from 8am to 18pm, and her baby has 15 months and stays at school all this times!!:huh: May she shows the cards only twice ??

As far as I understand you only need 10 minutes a day :wink: So twice or three times would be just fine ! I think that is what is recommended too so no worries :wink:

Hi Miriam!

I agree with Noha - using the flash cards twice a day is fine, no problem about that. :biggrin: The lovely thing about teaching little children (and all children - both young and old) is that learning is always subjective; there’s no exact science to it because all kids react in different ways during different times. Some children will want to see flash cards only once a day, some don’t like it during some days, and some are insatiable, wanting to have a look at different cards very frequently.

The most important thing to remember in all this is that we should take our cue from the children - if they are distracted or beginning to get bored, then we should put the cards down and stop. :slight_smile: The whole point of teaching is to make learning a fun and enjoyable task for them, and if they aren’t having any fun, then we should take a step back and rethink our process of teaching and find some ways to spice it up so that they can look forward to it. :laugh:

:happy: We have a lot of working parents in this forum too, and I think that it’s great that we are all looking for a good sense of balance between work and time with kids. Teaching can be a fantastic way of bonding with your child, especially if both the parent and baby are having good fun in the process.

Hi Miriam,

I totally agree with Lappy and nohayo. You only need 10 minutes to go through the education part and the kid can play for the rest of the day. I have a mix of real flash cards, powerpoint flash card slideshow and flash card DVDs and my 19 months old son likes them all. This is a perfect time to bond with the kid so have your cousin hold the baby when they are going through the cards or give them a hug for “good job” after it’s done. Baby will love it!

Teresa