Twenty Alternatives to Punishment

[/quote]
i have read a book title: HOW TO TALK SO KIDS CAN LEARN AT HOME AND IN SCHOOL by Adele Faber & Elaine Mazlish. I like this book very much :yes: other than just theory part, the book shown the real life story with comic pictures, so it will be more easy to understand… I practiced some of the ways, n it works. Try to read it… :yes:

i love those authors
the book How To Talk So Kids will Listen and Listen so Kids will Talk is great
like you said so much real life help
the comics and activity help you practice your new found skills as well
i also like Siblings Without Rivalry: How to Help Your Children Live Together So You Can Live Too
all their books are respectful of kids and their needs while at the same time respectful and understanding of parents
it’s a nice balance
way ahead of it’s time

Thanks - there was some great info there. I went to a conference recently & one of the speakers talked about disciplining children. The only concrete suggestion she gave was to hug your children. Hugging is good, but she gave no other suggestions & was even against common techniques like counting to 3 or giving time outs. :rolleyes: Again, hugging is a wonderful tool, but I think parents need more ways than that to disipline & teach our children. Just thought I’d share!

thanks for all the nice tips and suggestions.
it’ll come in handy.