Tuning Forks

Hi! I was wondering if anyone has used tuning forks for perfect pitch training. I looked into then and they seem to be so expensive.

Hey there!
Yes they are very expensive but I got them for about 1/2 price no tax in Canada

I was so excited to use this method. But she HATES them!!! The buzz I guess freaked her out. So much so that when I flash her note cards without the forks she goes crazy! now I flash in front of the piano in a different room. Too bad b/c it is a great idea if your child can take the buzz. I started her at 12 mo. I’m going to try it again in the summer
Wish me luck!
The doc :clown:

Thanks for that info! Can you pm me the info from where you got them

Hi Waterdreamer!

I use the tuning forks on my little one. She absolutely LOVES the vibrations! She gets so exctied when she hears the sound of the forks as I pass them over her head from one ear to the next. I do believe that it’s a good investment, and hope that you are able to purchase them at a reasonable price. I ended up having to pay a fortune for them, but I do believe it’s worth it! I have the Johnny Walker tuning forks - great brand! It’s also the bramd Rightbrainkids sells

That’s great to know Sarah108!! I’m going to call rbk tomorrow and see if I can order them in Canada. How do you go about presenting them to your child??

how do you find the john walker tuning forks?

Hi Waterdreamer, I have just seen this post now. Hope you read!

There is a video on TW which demonstrates how you show them - but basically oyu knock them on your knee then gently put it to their ear and pass it over their head and onto the other ear. When it passes over their head, they will also feel vibrations.

did you manage to get hold of some?