transition from infant crib to toddler bed

Share with us your experience and how old was your child?, when is the right time to to this transition?

I moved my dd from half sleeping in her crib/half co-sleeping, to her own double mattress on the floor at one year of age. At 20 months I put a bedframe under the double mattress. She still co-sleeps about 20% of the time, but she is happy to sleep in her own bed and room. I did the transition by laying down with her until she fell asleep. Good Luck.

I moved my ds from co-sleeping, to his own twin bed beside my bed (with space in between) at 18 months of age. At 28 months I moved the bed to his own bedroom but placed another twin bed near it for me to “sleep in” then leave after he’d already gone to bed. By 32 months, he was already comfortable sleeping by himself and having his own room.

With regards to the right time for the transition, I think it all depends on the child’s temperament (my ds is a sensitive/emotional one and needed a lot of attention).

My daughter is 13 months. She has been sleeping in a crib/cot in her own room since she was 4 months old. She is now starting to climb everything and I think that she may be able to climb out of the crib, and possible fall from the railing. I am also trying to decide whether to convert her to a toddler bed, move her to a mattress on the floor, or put a net over the crib to keep her safe. My primary concern with moving her out of the crib is that she will not lay still long enough to fall asleep. She usually tosses, turns, sits up, and lays down a lot (for 30-60 min) in the process of trying to fall asleep. I don’t want her getting up and running around the house, but I’m not sure how to contain her in a toddler bed or mattress on the floor.

I am also pregnant with our second child due in 5 months and by that time I need to have her falling asleep in her own bed by herself, not me lying next to her until she falls asleep, as I will not be able to do that with a new baby.

I am interested in hearing some more experience from those who have moved their child out of the crib without needing to lay next to the child in order for him/her to fall asleep. Thanks.

Same here I have one who doesn’t like his crib at all he is 16 months then i have one who willn’t get out of his crib and he’s 2. Need help. However my cribs turn into a toddler bed but they still are preety high up. I even have bought the side rails for the new toddler bed that we have had a while. I have tried to gradually move my 2 year old to his new floor bed but he will not sleep in it however he will nap in it. I have tried to allow him to just wonder around his room then he will get in the bed when he is tired but he doesn’t he gets on the floor with his large Elmo stuffy for his pillow. I even have moved the stuffy Elmo to the bed, now that is Elmos bed and when my oldest wants to play with Elmo he know he has to go to bed. So we are working on moving to the floor toddler bed. Good luck to everyone

There are no clear-cut rules when to convert your crib to a toddler bed. However, as per expert opinion, when the baby starts to move or reaches 35 inches in height whichever happens first, it’s the right time to convert the crib to a toddler bed. Much more info related to this can be found here https://bettersleepbaby.com/.