Toys?

I use the YBCR with my daughter who is now 18 months. she recognizes many of the words and body parts, but she doesnt talk much yet. so she cant “read” the words. but if i show her for example “clap” she will clap. this wont work for words like “dog” or “bubble” unless i physicaly have a picture to connect to each word. i went out and bought a bunch of animals (farm, zoo, bugs, reptiles, ect) im going to be making my own flashcards for thoes animals, and teach her thoes. anyways im getting off topic! i want to buy some toys for her that promote early learning reading, letters, numbers, anytthing. but i cant really find any that i like. for example i want a map of the USA with ONLY the name of the state, and when you pull the state up you see the capital of that state. like “Florida” “Talahassee” but i cant find one anywhere! lol. im looking for toys i can use to teach her the presidents, numbers, ABC, states, animals, stuff like that.

Any recomendations?

also, i was wondering if the LR is ONLY for PC? or is it stuff i can touch and use without the computer?

lakeshorelearning.com

I absolutly LOVE this site. but all their items are over priced. although its worth it! hope this is what you are looking for.

Melissa & Doug map puzzles are a favorite here.

yea i have a few of the Melissa & Doug toys… this was more of the kind of toys that i wanted more of. i checked out that lakeshore learning site it was very over priced for my taste…

You can find a lot of these on Amazon…

Melissa and Doug wooden alphabets and Numbers.

US states and capitals.

US presidents.

Animals

Search for what you want on Amazon. If you don’t want to buy it from Amazon, just take down the names and check your local toy stores or google to see if you can find other online toy stores selling them.

For super realistic animals try Schleich figures. We have some and they are hand-painted, hold up beautifully, and my children love them.