Toy frustrations

Ok, I have a 20 month old, one of his favorite toys is his shape sorter. He can match the blocks with the proper shapes because we practice this pretty often. However, lately, he really really wants to put, for instance, the round block in the star shaped hole. He knows it goes in the round one easily, but I think he is thinking “Why am I limited to the round one, why can’t it go in other holes too?” He gets pretty frustrated and starts throwing things. What would you do, just put the shape sorter away for a while to save stress, or let him keep playing with it until he accepts the fact that there is only one hole for each block?

My LO does the same. He does that persistently even if we tell him that it will not fit in there. So I have just let him learn it himself. However, if you think your LO is getting stressed out because of that, perhaps putting it away for a few days might work.

@ Kappasweet
I would suggest you to let him learn himself. Let him explore things. If it gives too much of stress then u can have the shape sorter a while later.

I wonder if it would help to similfy it - perhaps cover up most of the holes and only leave maybe 2 or so openings?? Just a thought!