Top 100 Children's books

This would be useful if you are thinking of selection of books for your little one,as voted by parents.

http://www.juniormagazine.co.uk/news/article.asp?UAN=60

Thank you! I love favorite book lists! :slight_smile:

me too.

I wonder how many people on the forum have read these books themselves???

I’ve read 36

Thank you so much! I just made a list of all the ones I haven’t read, which is most of them. I am going to see what I can get from my library. I love stuff like this. I will keep notes of my favorites and share them here.

thats great thanks :smiley:

LOVE it! Thanks. There’s some great ones on here.

Here are some of the books that I have read off the list and enjoyed.

The Gruffalo
Eat Your Peas
The Incredible Book Eating Boy
Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See
We’re Going On A Bear Hunt - I really like this book. I have read it before but my daughter heard it for the first time yesterday. She asked me to read it to her 4 times in a row. It has a lot of repetition, which is great for developing language skills. The words are large so you can easily point to the text. Because of the repetition you can pause and have your child fill in a word. I read this with a lot of feeling and excitement and my daughter just loves it. The other books are cute too. I really like The Gruffalo.

Some favorites that weren’t on the list would be:
Guess How Much I Love You
What Do You Do With A Kangaroo - This book is great :slight_smile:
Is Your Mama A Llama?
Roxaboxen - I love this book! The illustrations inspired our own version of their game for my children.
Time For Bed

I have a whole bunch more books on hold at the library, so I will continue this post…

this is awesome! thanks!