too many videos????

I tried to surprise my son with today’s learning video (we have about 20 - with the YBCR and YCCR, Little Pim & Monki See dvds, and a few others). I pulled it off the shelf, hid it against my body and walked backwards to the dvd player. I put it into the machine and as soon as he saw the “don’t copyright” message he guessed it immediately! Hmmm…are your kids the same?

kizudo,
I know what you mean. We are not in that situation yet but are conscious that we have to balance our schedule and not exceed on video time to have some time for going to the park, coloring and so many other activities.
I wish a day have more that 24 hours.

Maybe we have to look more closely the thread of educational outdoors activities. It seems to have many good suggestions.

I agree. Babies need to interact with physics objects and with other people.Otherwise you would be limiting the successful development of all sensory and motor skills. The balance is the most important to avoid in the future potential attention deficit problems.

It’s a hard thing to do when you know that there are good educational videos out there! I never exceed more than 2 (20-30minute) videos per day. Usually it ends up as only one video as we are busy with other things (playdates, grocery shopping, baking, doing a craft, visiting Grammy & Papa, playing outside, etc.). I’m confident that he is getting exposure to other aspects of life. It’s just that I want it ALL for him. I want him to have the opportunity to learn as much as he can/wants to. I see how the video (or computer) grabs his attention and that he is learning so much from them. I do try to keep it balanced, but in truth, I really appreciate the videos and often sit and watch with him.