Toddler reading flash cards

I would love to receive some materials on how kids can read from the age of 18 months.

Hi Aquila,

YOu’ve come to the right place!

First, I would suggest you read the Reading sections on www.brillbaby.com if you haven’t already:
http://www.brillbaby.com/teach-baby/reading.php

If you have any other questions, sign up as a member and post on our Forums to discuss with all the other parents here who are doing the same thing, many of whom are getting excellent results!

And do check out our Little Reader software! :slight_smile:

KL

Hi KL,

Is it ok to start the word flashcard method with a 22-month old toddler who is always on the go?

yes it is :yes: just find a suitable time like right after he wakes up or before bed when he can sit still and watch and have fun :wink:

thanks!

i thought my son is too old for word flashcards. will he still catch up for the lost time? :smiley:

He will probably amaze you at how fast he learns!

Yep, what they said! :slight_smile:

Another great resource is “Your Baby Can Read” Videos. You can get the starter video on thier websight for $15. Just do a web search and you’ll find it.

When I started (a month ago) it seemed really complicated. The videos bridge the gap for me, and provide a safe zone. Now I’m doing flash cards, Little reader, and playing with words with my 2 year old, yet I know that the video is also teaching him, so if I mess up. He’ll learn any way.

After two weeks of watching the video he showed signs of reading about 5 words- of course that is partly because I’m doing other things as well.

Good Luck to you,
Jennifer

Also of course is Doman’s “Teach Your Baby to Read” Book. For me and others it was a life changing book in that it changed my perception of what babies are capable of and my responsibility as a parent. It is both inspiring and a wonderful reference you will return to again and again. It will also give you ideas of how to use LR more efficiently.