The Tummy Tub

Dear Everyone,

Is anyone familiar with the Tummy Tub:

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/30499759/?GT1=43001

• Ayesha

never heard of it, but it looks awesome

That’s very interesting ! Did you try it Ayesha? Or know anyone who did?

tummy tubs or commonly called as buckets in India. my son still loves to sit in a bucket & play…
its very safe & kids enjoy it more b’coz they feel protected & the position is very comfortable for them… I have been using it since he was 6 months old… :smiley:

Dear Nhockaday, Noyaho, Piyu, & Everyone,

I wish I knew about the Tummy Tub when the girls were younger :rolleyes: . America is still behind on some things. :nowink:

• Ayesha

piyu :slight_smile:

Do u use a specific tub designed for babies or just any bucket?

It should be the tummy tub. It is made to mimic the womb and feel comfortable for the baby. Plus it is designed so it won’t tip over easily. Did you watch the video?

Yup nhockaday I realize it’s a special tub but what I’m asking is specifically for Piyu, since they already had it in India I just wanted to know if they do it differently … :wink:

This is very interesting. I wish I knew about this tub when my baby was younger also. It seems a lot more comfortable than the standard tub we use in America where the baby is laying on their backs. The baby is sitting in the tubs and looks safer also. Maybe for the next baby. LOL lol

I saw this on tv the other day and they look facinating. My daughter would have loved that as a baby. Now she needs the whole tub to splash and swim!

I would also love to know what is used in India. Maybe someone has a picture?

I don’t know about India, but they had them in Germany at least 9 years ago. We tried it with our first one (though she was already 12mnth) and she loved it! She wouldn’t like to be on her back in the water anyway. :blush:

not really…I haven’t…