The questions they ask!

My daughter cam to me this morning and asked “mum, do lady beetles have shells that they grow out of?”
The question was in response to finding a cicada case/shell, which she is now going to take to school and show her class :slight_smile:
It got me thinking about all the wonderfully thoughtful questions they ask me on a daily basis. I know from their questions whether they are happy, content, or tired. But best of all their questions let me know that I have succeeded in producing children curious about the world and keen to learn more. Their questions tell me more about what they understand, what I need to teach and how to show them the answers. Yes sometimes their endless questions drive me nuts ( try watching the Olympics with one of my kids! :confused: ) But I wouldn’t be without them.
How do you deal with the questions?
For this ladybug one I just answered " no " but thinking all the while i have a book oladybirds in the cupboard I should read at bedtime tonight! lol Does anyone else do this?

James isn’t asking deep questions yet. His question often revolve around his boy bits it seems. He is 2!
He does ask about the weather and I try and answer as I can. But we also read books. I have have 2 sets of old children’s encylopaedia and if he is curious about something we read it from that if possible. If he continues to show an interest we get books from the library on the subject.
I have tried finding some documentaries on YouTube but he doesn’t stay to watch.

And Manda the Olympics are a hit here too. James asks each morning when he gets up if he can watch more “yay, aussie swimming”. And move over superman, he wants to be a gymnast so he can fly.