The more I look around the More I love it!!

:yes: This site is fantastic and I think its great that it is available to all! First found out about teaching baby to read from my grandfather who saw it on a Dutch TV channel. We live in Ireland and after a websearch found that to get YBCR set was STG£607 nearly 1000euro and there was no way we could afford that- You want to do the best by your child but there is a limit!!! To be able to read posts by like minded people who want to give their children the available opportunities is great… there are so many out there that dont and so many more that think you are up yourself for even trying. Personally I have only told my mother because she is so positive and tried stuff with us when we were growing up. When I started baby sign I told some people: friends and family and the reaction was unreal! This time I am keeping it to my side of the family and she can tell them herself later!!! When it comes to learning it is so shocking how negative people can be… :ohmy:

The opposition and disbelief you have encountered are fairly common for all of us. Most of us have learned to keep it to ourselves. Here is another thread about that http://forum.brillkids.com/general-discussion-b5/explaining-this-to-others!/

Touché As I have stated many times.

Welcome, Tara, I’m glad you found your way here! :slight_smile:

Hello Tara,

A very warm welcome and it is interesting how we learn more about everything from our kids… we only get to know things more by their behaviour… it is funny that ppl do not understand when we say kids can learn frm the day they are born…
But any ways, i believe n hope everyone who are in the forum believes too, cox i get many and lot many advices and ideas on parenting and teaching kids (though i don’t have any) lol

Thank you all