Thank you to forum contributors

I am very pleased with both my sons’ reading and general knowledge abilities. I have spent a lot of time reading other parents’ advise on this board and have found it very helpful. I rarely take time to post but I am so very grateful for those of you who do. I love hearing stories about your kids and what they can do. It has shown me what is possible.

It is a bit sad to see how much more you can see the little person inside my kids than others their age, how much more kids are capable of. Although I am not relaxed about my own investigation into early learning, I am relaxed about delivering it, so I know it is possible at the level I do it. As they get a little older it is fun to see how exponential everything gets, meaning the learning snowballs on you. I didn’t exactly get it when Pokerdad said something like, the learning wasn’t linear, it was geometric. Now I do.

Special thanks to Teachingmytoddlers, Aangeles, MandaBplus3, Pokerdad, Kerileanne. I’ve found it very helpful to go back and read every post of some of the frequent posters here.

Julia

:thumbsup:

The geometric aspect to learning isn’t just an EL thing; it’s lifelong. Which is one reason why what you do NOW in the early years can pay off massively in the end (even if all you did was just EL and then mail it in for the rest of your kid’s childhood). Just keep inputting and keep your own learning and growing as a mutual experience and I sincerely believe you’ll be richly rewarded with the depth and breadth of your life :slight_smile:

Miss you Julia!! :stoic:

Awe thankyou. You made my day. :slight_smile: