Thank you brillkids, and dear lovely parents

Hello dear parents,

Well, I have no time to write many lines every week, or day. But I think that it is good to share my experiences in a place where I can find other non native parents who are able to understand me. Sometimes it is difficult to share with other people the fact that your baby is able to be, perhaps, a bilingual person in the future. The typical sentence or statement. `It is better to teach the first language first, especially if you are not native…

Well, I have to say that I am very proud of my LO. Everything is easier now. My vocabulary in the English language is stronger than before. I had no idea about babíes´ vocabulary. I must confess… :wub: :wub: :wub: I have understood that children´s world is more amazing that I had in my poor mind before, and I have always loved children´s world. They are indredible!!!

My almost 16 toddler is able to identify about 50 words. She can identify words such as hi, scratch, …I mean she can say/identify the concepts, and sometimes she can read them. She obeys when I say to her knock on the door´,open your mouth´, `show me your tongue´ Where are your toes??? Well, now it is the time to believe that everything is possible… Unfortunately, she doesn´t read so many words. I have to say that it was not my aim, at first. I would be the happiest mummy in the world if she could be bilingual…She speaks more English than Spanish.

I am expecting a book that I have seen in amazon about bilingualism .I hope it helps me in my path.

I had used a lot of material, dvds, brillkids. I think that the important thing is trying to speak clear and slow in the language that you are teaching. I was obsessed with the idea of lacking of a native pronunciation. After speaking to different people via Skype, I realized that the important thing is to be clear in your pronunciation to be understood. And my accent is better every day. I feel more self-confident. My problem was that I had the opportunity to speak to native speakers. In the world there are a large number of dissimilar accents, as you know.

I am trying to speak to my LO in the English language as much as possible, perhaps 85 percent. Sometimes when I see people around me, I avoid my second language in favour of my first language.

Thanks, if you are still reading these lines. I wish people who are reluctant to share their second language, find in this forum a step towards their children´s future. Everything began here, when I saw this forum

I am so happy that you were able to find help and inspiration in this community. It is great to hear about you teaching a non-native language and to learn of your little one’s progress.

Thank you for sharing your journey with us! ::hugs::

Hi TeachingmyToddlers, and thank you for your answer.