Tell me more about this please....

This is the first time I have heard of any of this encyclopedic knowledge stuff … I am very curious and interested.

I am a little overwhelmed though. Do you start with just learning the names of the objects? Similar to what is done in LR, in the flashcard picture section? And then you go on to facts after they are older? What ages do you do this with? I have a 4 yr old and a 5 yr old - can they start doing this, or are they too old? (We homeschool them in 1st grade and kindergarten.)

And, the big question- do they remember any of it? I mean, if they grow up and it is forgotten by age 10 or so, what is the point? I love the idea of it, I just want to make sure that it would be worth all of the time and expense. :slight_smile: Thanks so much for your help!

Michelle,

You will find a lot of information just by entering ‘enciclopedic knowledge’ on this forum and google. The earlier your child start the better. They are not too late at 4 or 5 yrs. I started with my grandson around 18- 24 months. I show the image and mention 3 facts (from the back). It has to be fast and very short time for him not to get bored. You will be amazed of how much they recall from a few lessons.
Not only will they learn but you will have a nice time with them.
The key issue is to remember to make it joyful. If he wants to stop it is useless to continue.
Hope it helps a little but as i said there is a lot of material from experts about how to expose your children to these bits of intelligence.