Tell me about your Kindermusik experience

Has anyone ever gone to Kindermusik? I wanted to see what they do at different age groups. Just figuring out tuition in my area ($60 to enroll per season, $17 a week, various other fees) I wanted to see what was offered in a typical class.

I would love to go, but they only offer early morning classes in my area. And we are not morning people! My sister went when she was little, and my mom says she loved it and it made a very big difference in her life. None of us have any musical abilities at all except for her! If nothing else, it’s a lot of fun for kids!

Hi,
In my area it costs $100 per season.My DD is 6months old. She really enjoys it. She use to look around and observe what is happening around. The main thing is she gets chance to see her age babies there, So she keeps watching what other kids do and try to imitate that and after going there she started to sit by herself.
We sing 4 to 5 songs, we dance, play.First we use to sing hello hello song that helps to know other kids names, massage, they gave one cd from that she use to play some songs and ask us to roll the kids hands, do cycle movement like that etc…its really fun to be there…definitely your kid will love it.

swathi

my kindermusik experience is awesome…
they didnt warn me that we’ll get addicted to it…
but then again, it really depends on the instructor, if you find a good instructor stick to her. for me, i’ll see how the instructor sings the ‘hello’ and ’ good bye’ song. if she does a hello song for each kid and sing out all the kids name in the goodbye song , i consider her a good one. some instructor just sing goodbye ,babies, mummies, i dont like that … my daughter goes to playgroup just once a week, so will someone please mention her name?/
make the most of kindermusik, use the home materials. my daughter loves the cd and the home materials, singing along .
we joined kindermusik when she was 17 months old, i kept singing to every night, and one time she sang the song back … sometimes, mumbling, but i was amazed that she remembered so many songs…
she loves kindermusik.
also, my daughter just started suzuki violin lesson when she turns 2… she is able to pay attention to the teacher and follow instruction, i think that’s because she has been attending kindermusik and sort of like"trained" to listen and follow instruction…
Good luck , hope you enjoy kindermusik as much as we did.

We are in our second week of Prezuki class and really like it. Just something to consider if you are planning to use the suzuki program down the road. It sounds pretty similar to the kindermusic class, but they will be taught how to hold a “foam-a-lin” for proper positioning and to get them used to the idea of holding the instrument. And the instructor plays a song or two on the violin so they get to see/hear it up close. Lots of nursery rhyme songs, marching in a circle fast/slow to various tempos, following directions, echoing the teachers beats of a drum/tambourine, listening to do-re-me on a stair style xylophone, etc.

I forgot, your baby isn’t old enough for prezuki. Here, it starts at 18 months. I bring along my 10 month old son anyway to 22 month old DD’s class because I babywear him and he’s always strapped to me anyway. :slight_smile: I figure it’s good exposure for him.

Here’s a little review someone did on the class, way at the bottom of the page.

http://littleblueschool.blogspot.com/2007_05_01_archive.html

my 25 months old daughter misses kindermusik, so we signed up for kindermusik this semester again. we had stopped for 4 weeks. she has stop practising violin at home for the past 2 weeks, and after attending kindermusik last saturday, the same day, she is willing to practise her violin.
perhaps it is concidence? how would kindermusik be correlated to violin practice at home?