Teaching weather... long and short

Hey all just thought I would share a nice lesson plan with all of you… my son and I used the bits on clouds, weather measurement, and weather together with a weather chart and a song…
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uriObwm6S6Q#

and we have had a lot of fun with it… we created a chart to track the weather temperature, cloud type, and weather… laminated it bought a thermometer and are tracking the weather together…

I also bought a couple books on clouds, weather, evaporation… and have talked about evaporation of the water by soaking some paper towels with water and hanging them outside to dry.

Ive noticed if we go slow he has a hoot, I have fun, and he is catching on… he likes matching up the clouds to the bits.

Oh and on other little fun tip to teach long and short... buy some gummie worms, and cut them into quarters, halfs and leave some whole... after one lesson my son started using longer, shorter, half, and quater in his vocabulary instead of asking for a piece of something... pretty cool I thought..

One lastt thing… for the last 6 months when driving with my kids I have been saying im turning right, i am turning left. My 2 year old now tells me “the book is in the left nightstand mom that I want!!” Pretty cool and pretty easy to teach.

Have fun learning everyone!

Thanks for the great suggestions - also about the left and right - I have also started telling my daughter this when driving or walking anywhere, so its really great to know they can pick it up (she’s shown no signs yet) I’ve been wanting to make a weather chart for a while, so your suggestions will hopefully spur me on to actually do it. Thanks.

Hey, Thats a really cool video. My 22months old son liked it a lot. Thanks for sharing! Regards-Rashmi :slight_smile: